Director of Nursing / Clinical Nurse Manager/ Staff Nurse on Duty
Director of Nursing
Sonas trained is desired but not required
Purpose of Position
To enhance the quality of the resident’s well-being by providing stimulating pastimes and facilitate residents to reach their artistic and creative potential in an encouraging and supportive environment.
- To identify the social activity preferences and needs of each resident.
- To maintain and update individual social activity plans for each resident.
- To plan the daily social activity programme and facilitate external providers to ensure value for the residents.
- To motivate care staff to be actively involved in the delivery of the social activity programme.
- To communicate effectively with the staff nurse regarding the well-being of residents to take part in social activity
- To develop a good rapport with the relative / friends of the residents where appropriate.
- To ensure all staff/residents and families are aware of planned activities
- To manage volunteers and monitor materials and equipment needed for the activity program and inform the Social
- Care Leader when stocks are low i.e. beauty therapy, mass host, musical equipment, art supplies etc.
- To keep abreast of new developments in care of older persons social activity programmes
- To liaise with the Social Care Leader and DON with regards to outings for the residents.
- To assist with fund raising events when required by the Social Care Leader or DON.
- To contribute to the management meeting when requested.
- To act as an ambassador for the Nursing Home at all times
EXCELLENT SALARY AND CONDITIONS
The candidate should be a flexible, enthusiastic, self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to progress their career and grow with the company.
- Full time & permanent employment contracts.
- Competitive Salary
- Career opportunities
- Free ongoing training and development
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive induction, mandatory training and Garda vetting