Purpose of Position
To effectively provide administrative support to the Nursing Home & Head Office and enhance the smooth effective operation of the home from an administrative perspective.
Director of Nursing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Meet and greet all visitors in a pleasant and welcoming manner.
- Answer all phone calls and record messages correctly and provide messages (written & email) for Home Manager
- To open the main front door of the nursing home as appropriate, ensuring that residents only leave the building as agreed with the relevant staff nurse on duty, and that the staff nurse is aware of any resident going out before they leave the building
- Ensure all files are well maintained and archived
- Inform Head Office of any notifiable events for insurance
- Enquiries & Tours, assist the home manager by arranging teas and coffee.
- Maintain Chiropody cards & medical cards and update on the healthcare system (EPIC)
- Resident Surveys, checking all received, sorting and leaving ready for the administrator to send to the Head Office.
- Archiving of resident and staff files annually
- Organising Blood samples to be sent to the hospitals as directed.
- To monitor the external CCTV cameras and ensure they are working correctly, especially before going off duty. To re-set them as instructed if necessary.
- Order taxis, stationary, stamps and sundries
- Manage incoming and outgoing daily post and newspapers
- Manage the time manager system terminals and issue name badges
- Take resident and staff photos and put them on EPIC
- The administrator prepares the welcome pack for all new admissions;
- this includes the contract of care and the direct debit form
- The administrator requires an understanding of the different funding types, how fair deal is calculated and the steps involved. An understanding of the Additional Charges and exactly what it covers is a key requirement. (part of induction)
- Set up and discharge new residents / residents leaving ensuring prompt fee payment
- Raise purchase orders and reconcile with invoices for payment
- Ensure that all monies received are sent to the Head Office in a timely manner.
- Record, reconcile and order petty cash
- Ensure that billable extras are charged on a monthly basis;
- The billable extras are entered into Epic directly from the 3rd party invoices as and when they are received. Once all invoices for the month have been received the administrator emails the support office to inform them that the billable extra information for the month is complete.
- Scanning Resident files to Epic.
- Set up & terminate new / leaving staff members on Cool Blue
- Set up and maintain staff personnel folders and scan to EPIC
- Collect references on behalf of new staff
- Maintain Employee Work Permit Folder. Ensure all staff details are on EPIC. This includes photos and all details being correct and up-to-date.
- Rosters; organising cover for sickness/emergencies. This involves calling and ringing around for the home manager to source a replacement.
- Training Tracker; updating this information on the master sheet and/or Epic
- To enter appropriate information on the time management system (TMS)
- Updating TMS as directed, may include;
- Clearing anomalies on system on daily basis and take corrective action
- update Future work planner, e.g. swapping shift which will reduce anomalies
- putting tow week roster on system
- Ensuring payroll is up-to-date with and that all hours are processed. Ensure all staff are clocking in and clocking out and notify home manager of any issues
- The administrator is responsible for putting the roster up on Future Work Planner in TMS every fortnight. The roster is approved by the home manager and given to the administrator to input on TMS on the Thursday prior to the commencement of the two-week roster
In addition to the Core Competencies identified as being required the following competencies are also integral to the position:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated database and word processing computer skills
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Able to work in team settings (eg.in each individual home)
- Able to understand boundaries (with external agencies)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.