Director of Nursing / Clinical Nurse Manager/ Staff Nurse on Duty
Director of Nursing
Fetac Level 5 in Care of the Older Person or equivalent
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Cheerful and compassionate by nature, you will possess sound judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities and be able to pay attention to the details. Reading, writing and communicating clearly in English is vital.
- Experience is preferred, but not as essential as your genuine desire to develop or progress a career in this field is a vital attribute. A respectful and courteous attitude to seniors is required, and weekend availability is highly desirable.
The following skills are also desirable;
- Skill sets that could be value adding to social programmes and activities and willingness to use them.
- Someone that would be a good team member and would respond positively to management and direction.
- Hold a qualification in Healthcare (qualified nurses, physiotherapists can apply)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a similar working environment an advantage
- Be caring, patient, empathetic and have a strong interest in care of the elderly
GENERAL DUTIES AND MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of resident’s needs
- Enable and assist resident to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable and assist resident to eat and drink
- Enable and assist resident to access and use toilet facilities, participating in individual continence promotion programmes
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of resident to maximise their physical comfort
- Promote mobility of resident, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure resident retains optimum mobility
- Maintain high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- To work closely with the activity co-ordinator/social care leader of the nursing home and ensure engagement of the residents at arranged activities where possible and suitable.
- To escort/Accompany residents to the hospital or for other appointments when directed by the senior nursing staff.
EXCELLENT SALARY AND CONDITIONS
The candidate should be a flexible, enthusiastic, self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to progress their career and grow with the company.
- Full time & permanent employment contracts.
- Competitive Salary
- Career opportunities
- Nurses who are not NMBI registered who apply will work as a care assistant for 12 months and then subject to review and registration with the Irish Nursing board, will be promoted to Staff Nurse
- Free ongoing training and development
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive induction, mandatory training (Relevant courses, such as moving and handling, infection control, fire training and food hygiene, ensure all employees continually update their skills and knowledge.) and Garda vetting.